Welcome to the Elmhurst Bicycle Club!
Founded in 1977, the Elmhurst Bicycle Club (EBC) continues to live up to the motto, "Riding at the Speed of Fun." Club members, who range from novice to the very experienced, come from all walks of life and live throughout the western suburbs of Chicago and beyond.
The EBC is one of the larger, more active bicycle clubs in the area with over 500 members and a variety of activities throughout the year accommodating all skill levels.
Rides range from 8 to 10 mph to over 20 mph. Single-day ride distances range from 10 to 200 miles.
Sometimes we ride just to ride, and sometimes we have a specific purpose, ...like exploring a new park, restaurant or a community festival.
Some of the more social events are: biking trips, the Thanksgiving hike & dinner, the Michigan U.P. cross-country skiing trip, the Christmas Lights ride, and the Holiday Party. We have year-round activities (such as winter hiking and skiing) and get-togethers in addition to bicycling.
You will find riders at your experience level and with similar interests. We stick together on all club rides, staying with anyone having mechanical or other problems.
You are welcome to come to our quarterly meeting or ride as a guest to see what we are all about!
7-Day Calendar View For more, see our full Calendar . *** Social-distancing in effect.***
- Would you like some help in getting started in our club? Go here: EBC: How Do I Begin?
- Please see our *Pandemic Ride Restrictions* addendum to our Ride Leader Responsibilities page. *Updated Nov. 9, 2020.
- We previously created Virtual Events for our Calendar. They will continue to be an available option even as we reopen the Calendar to real group riding.
- Please see our newly created Member Behavior Policy.
- Pandemic links:
- EBC NEWS:
- Ride With GPS Premium membership is free to EBC members. How to get a Ride with GPS Premium Membership. | Or click here to explore the Ride with GPS website ==>
Our Public Facebook Page
Contribute to our Public Facebook page (as shown above)
Click here to post something (photo, story, comment, etc.) for public view on our Facebook Page:
Submit something for approval
We ride at the speed of fun. See how, in some recent photos below...